On the other hand, the maxed-out 12GB/256 GB option is going to cost you $679 or £569. Chinese Phone blog dedicated to providing breaking news, expert reviews, Chinese Phones, Android Apps, Chinese Android Tablets and how to’s. A triangular LED indicator signals incoming notifications, calls, and battery levels. The new JoyUI 12.5 based on MIUI12 improves the basic experience. Games and apps launch in an instant thanks to Black Shark 4’s blazingly-fast RAM and storage, while system optimizations make file transfers faster than ever before. Other features shared by both phones include a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and pop-out physical triggers for a more immersive gaming experience.
- For now, it’s unclear which is the vanilla and which is the Pro variant.
- We can say that 65% of the score comes from the RAM performance.
- So expect the bare minimum of one to two Android releases and three years of security updates.
- The back has a frosted finish that’s resistant against fingerprint smudges.
- When you charge a phone, as the juice is transferred to the battery, it heats up and is expected to do so.
For the first time, the Black Shark 3 Pro uses an integrated physical-mechanical button. We expect to see similar features with the upcoming Black Shark 4. The battery size on both devices measures in at 4,500mAh and comes with frankly insane 120W fast charging support out of the box. To put that into context, you can charge the Black Shark 4 in under 15 minutes. Overnight charging is simply no longer necessary to get a day of gaming out of these devices. As a new generation of gaming phones, there is not much doubt that Black Shark 4 is equipped with a powerful Snapdragon 888 mobile platform. In addition to the screen, performance should also be better, but there is still a lack of specific information.
- I understand Black Shark’s intent to introduce a mascot/smart assistant and while anime is not really my thing, I can totally appreciate that the Shark Chan herself will have some fans.
- It felt like my phone was also a game controller and it was something that’s way better than air triggers that had no actuation and stock Android firmware clickiness.
- Your thumbs can focus on movement and aiming while your index fingers can handle shooting.
- Pop the hood and you’ll find some powerful internals chugging the Black Shark 4 Pro along.
Not only that, I was actually really good at them, which I think is reason enough to get this for most people. Keeping temperatures cooled is especially important with gaming phones. For the past few weeks, I’ve tested a number of long gaming sessions to see if the phone ever got hot to the touch or uncomfortable. Black Shark has upgraded their liquid sandwich design cooling system, which it claims is 30% more effective at heat dissipation.
More graphically intensive games like Genshin Impact do stress the phone more and after a few hours, it can still get too hot. What’s more impressive, however, and in my experience actually more beneficial to gaming, is its 720Hz touch sampling rate.